- Who we are
- How we collect information about you
- Information we collect and why we use it
- Legal basis for using your information
- Sharing your Information
- Keeping your information safe
- How long we hold your information for
- Your rights
1. Who we are
Reiki Healthcare Research Trust is committed to protecting your personal information and making every effort to ensure that your personal information is processed in a fair, open and transparent manner. We are a ‘data controller’ for the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (‘Data Protection Law’) also known as GDPR. This means that we are responsible for, and control the processing of, your personal information. For further information about our privacy practices, please contact our Data Protection Officer by writing to Reiki Healthcare Research Trust, 108 Augustus Road, London SW19 6ER, United Kingdom. You may also contact us by email or by telephone.
2. How we collect information about you
We collect information from you in the following ways:
- When you interact with us directly: This could be if you ask us about our activities, sign up with us to participate in a research programme, register with us to attend an online or in-person event, make a donation to us, ask a question about our work, apply for a volunteering opportunity or otherwise provide us with your personal information. This includes when you email, text or contact us via messaging Apps, phone us, visit our website, donate to us or get in touch through the post, or in person.
- When you interact with us through third parties: This could be if you provide a donation through a third party such as JustGiving, TotalGiving or Virgin Money Giving, or with an online entry organisation such as Eventbrite, where you provide consent for your personal information to be shared for example for the purposes of attending an event in person or online and for Gift Aid (as may be appropriate).
3. Information we collect and why we use it
Personal information we collect includes details such as your name, email or residence address or country of residence, phone number, App identifying handle as well as information you provide in any communications between us. You will have given us this information while registering on the site to receive information or services from us, making a donation, registering for an event, or any of the other ways to interact with us.
We will mainly use this information:
- To process your donations or other payments, to claim Gift Aid (as may be appropriate) on your donations and verify any financial transactions, to provide the services or goods that you have requested, to update you with important administrative messages about the status of your, to request feedback, about a donation, an event or services or goods you have requested, to keep you updated about our activities.
- Reiki Healthcare Research Trust would also comply with the Charities (Protection and Social Investment) Act 2016 and follow the recommendations of the official regulator of charities, the Charity Commission (if applicable), which requires organisations to identify and verify the identity of supporters who make major gifts to assess any risks associated with accepting their donations.
- To keep a record of your relationship with us. Where you volunteer with us this will be to administer the volunteering arrangement and keep you informed. Where you request a service or goods from us, it will be to update your requests or communicate with you as necessary.
- If you do not provide this information, we will not be able to process donations, sign you up for particular events or provide goods and services you have requested. We may also use your personal information: To contact you about our work and how you can support us (see section 5 on ‘Marketing’). To invite you to participate in surveys or research. To invite you to participate in fundraising and awareness raising of the service, Reiki Healthcare Research Trust or other related charities or organisations.
4. Legal basis for using your information
We will only use your personal information where we have your consent or because we need to use it in order to fulfil a contract with you (for example, because you are participating in a research programme administered directly by Reiki Healthcare Research Trust.
We will only contact you about our work and how you can support Reiki Heathcare Research Trust by phone, email or text/messaging App or similar, if you have agreed for us to contact you in this way. You can update your choices or stop us sending you communications at any time by email or by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the relevant communication.
6. Sharing your Information
The personal information we collect about you will mainly be used by our administrators/researhers/partipating volunteers so they can support medical professionals and the service provided and deal with queries arising. We will never sell your personal information to or share it with any other organisation for marketing purposes.
7. Keeping your information safe
We take looking after your information very seriously. We’ve implemented appropriate physical, technical and organisational measures to protect the personal information we have under our control, both on and off-line, from improper access, use, alteration, destruction and loss.
8. How long we hold your information for
We only keep information for as long as is reasonable and necessary for the relevant activity: which may be to fulfil statutory obligations (for example, the collection of Gift Aid), or for the collection of anonymised data, for example to suggest directions for research. If you have signed up for our news updates or events, we will keep you subscribed unless you choose to unsubscribe and/or your email ceases to work.
9. Your rights
You have various rights in respect of the personal information we hold about you and these are set out in more detail below. If you wish to exercise any of these rights or make a complaint, you can do so by contacting our Data Protection Officer at 108 Augustus Road, London SW19 6ER, United Kingdom: by email
You can also make a complaint to the supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office: https://ico.org.uk.
Access to your personal information: You have the right to request access to a copy of the personal information that we hold about you under your name, along with information on what personal information we use, why we use it, and how long we keep it for. You can make a request for access free of charge. Please make all requests for access in writing to the address above, and provide us with evidence of your identity.
Consent: If you have given us your consent to use personal information (for example, for marketing), you can withdraw your consent at any time.
Rectification: You can ask us to change or complete any inaccurate or incomplete personal information held about you.
Erasure: You can ask us to delete your personal information where it is no longer necessary for us to use it, or you have withdrawn consent.
Restriction: You can ask us to restrict the personal information we use about you where you have asked for it to be erased.